Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Are You Ready For Battle?



Scripture:
Psalm 138:7-8
(NASB)

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your loving kindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

Devotional:

When I joined the Navy I didn’t just run off to hop on a ship.  I didn’t have the knowledge or abilities needed to survive let alone prosper on ship in the Navy.  I spent time training in Boot Camp and Apprenticeship Training before I was sent aboard a ship.  Before we send soldiers to war we train them.  They learn how to fight.  They are equipped with the proper equipment to not only survive but to be victorious in battle.  Fighting battles in war is not easy.  Soldiers are tried every day going through all kinds of hardships.  Yet somehow they manage to get through it.  

What hardships do we face?  What are the battles we fight?  We are soldiers fighting in a war.  We go through hardships and tough times.  The good news is the war is won, Christ is victorious.  He is with us as we endure hardships here and now.  Sometimes the hardships are removed.  Sometimes we go through them.  We are not alone, Jesus is with us.  We are given the strength and tools we need to not only survive but to be victorious.  The battles will come and we will face difficulties. We just do not have to face them alone.  We are equipped with what we need to be victorious no matter what we go through.  Remember that through it all no matter what God is with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment