Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Treasures Not Junk

Scripture:

Exodus 19:4-5 (ESV)

‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.  Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;

Devotional:

The Israelites have just left Egypt.  They just saw God’s miracles and the plagues.  They were delivered right out of Pharaoh’s hands and into freedom.  God tells Moses that He “bore you on eagles wings.”  It wasn’t a maybe God did something to help.  Or I might have seen His hand here or there.  God delivered them and brought them to Himself.  Here he is saying that if you obey me and keep my ways you will be my people.

What could possibly be better than that?  To be God’s own personal treasure.  Imagine being one of His most prized possessions.  Thinking about this I ponder a little girl with her dolls.  Out of many dolls she has certain ones that are her favorites.  There is that one doll she will tote everywhere.  It goes to the store.  It is carried out to the park to play.  Off on vacations with the family.  That one little doll is special above all the rest.

Guess what, you are that doll.  In God’s eyes you are the treasured one above the rest.  By believing in Christ and accepting the truth in the Gospels you are set apart from the rest.  As Christians we are favored.  God loves all people and wants everyone to accept Christ as the savior of the world.  But only those that accept are among the chosen ones.  Only those who accept have a special place in Heaven.  Remember WE are a treasure not junk…

No comments:

Post a Comment