Thursday, April 2, 2020

Hold On, He Is There


Scripture:

1 Peter 1:3-5 (ESV)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Devotional:


In times like these it can be hard to hold onto hope.  We see all that is going on around us and we question why.  I know there have been times when I ask God why.  After all God if you are there why do you let these things happen?  Why do you let innocent people, children, get hurt?  Why do you allow loved ones to get sick & die?  A few years ago, I lost one of my brothers.  A year later my dad passed away.  As hard as it was, I am so glad that I was with them when they passed. 

In all honesty we may never know why.  However, we do have a general answer as to why.  I am sure there are some who will scoff at my next comment.  But the simple fact is we live in a fallen and imperfect world.  There is sin in this world.  Because of that we have sickness, we have wars, we have those who look only to themselves even at the cost of others.  I could go on but that is the simple truth.  We live in a fallen and broken world.

Yes, God has the power and ability to fix, heal, and do any and everything.  I have a question for you.  Would you want to live a life of a puppet?  Having someone telling you what to say and do, when to say and do it, how to say and do it.  God can but even if he chooses not to we need to be faithful because He is.  God never abandons, never leaves, never forsakes His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment