Wednesday, November 6, 2019

He Is Waiting For Us

Hosea continued...


Scripture:
Hosea 5:11-15
(ESV)

Ephraim is oppressed, crushed in judgment,
    because he was determined to go after filth.
But I am like a moth to Ephraim,
    and like dry rot to the house of Judah.
When Ephraim saw his sickness,
    and Judah his wound,
then Ephraim went to Assyria,
    and sent to the great king.
But he is not able to cure you
    or heal your wound.
For I will be like a lion to Ephraim,
    and like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I, even I, will tear and go away;
    I will carry off, and no one shall rescue.
I will return again to my place,
    until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face,
    and in their distress earnestly seek me.

Devotional:

Israel will be in distress, in exile, a conquered nation.  Israel will turn to other nations and people to help or rescue them.  It will not do any good.  God’s wrath and judgement will come to them.

How often do we seek something else?  For some when they get sick or hurt instead of going to the doctor, they find the self help cure.  We seek old remedies and look to others.  When our car breaks down, we try to fix it ourselves.  In some cases, we can find that essential oil or vitamin that can help. But there are times when you just must see the doctor.  Fixing your car is the same way.  Some people can do oil changes or replace breaks.  Some can even do more than that.  But unless you are a mechanic there comes a point when you just can’t fix it. 

We get these crazy ideas that we do not need God.  We think if my good outweighs my bad I am OK and good to go.  Some think salvation is in their own hands.  A belief that I do not need anyone, or anything is common.  The thought that there is nothing out there after death, there is no heaven or hell is dangerous and an effective tool for the enemy. 

The truth is that Jesus is the way the truth and life.  There is no other way into heaven.  We have no other options or choices.  Until we turn to Christ, we are just fooling ourselves.  Hosea 5:15 “I will return again to my place, until…”  It may seem that God has abandoned us.  We may seem alone.  God may have returned to His place.  But he has not abandoned us.  He is waiting for us “they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me.”  All we have to do is acknowledge Him.  We need to confess our sins.  We need to accept Christ as our Savior.  The truth is God hasn’t abandoned us or left us.  He is not going to force Himself upon us.  He will be there.  He will not abandon us.  He is just waiting for us to turn around…

No comments:

Post a Comment