Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lost Or Found?

Scripture:
Revelation 17
{17:15-19 (ESV)}

And the angel said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and languages. And the ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will hate the prostitute. They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire, for God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose by being of one mind and handing over their royal power to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. And the woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.”

Devotional:

As I sit and ponder chapter seventeen I struggle with what to share.  A few scattered thoughts slip in and out of my mind.  I think about the prostitute being a woman.  After a man has his way she is discarded tossed aside.  I think about a great and magnificent city that is the central power of the earth.  That someday it will be destroyed.  It will lie in ruins.  Then the thought of my life without Christ would be the same.  I am here today.  Tomorrow I would be tossed into the fire. 


Fortunately, my fate is different.  I will not be tossed aside like some piece of trash with no worth.  I am a treasure beyond compare.  In fact, we are all very valuable treasures.  Each of us is so valuable that God Himself paid a very high price for each of us.  Some of us are found while some of us remain lost.  The good news is that no one has to remain lost.  The choice is yours to make.  In the end there are only two places to go.  In the fiery furnace that consumes the trash.  Or you can go into a treasure vault in Heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment