Friday, November 21, 2014

Is It The End? Are You Prepared?

Scripture:
Revelation 6:1-4 (NIV)

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one.  Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

Devotional:

As I look around and read more and more headlines on the Internet it is easy to become despaired.  All around us we hear of violence and destruction.  There are wars and fighting going on all over.  Peace does seem to be slipping away.  Not all peace is leaving with the end of violence either.  Unrest comes in many forms at all times of the day. 

I hear people say we are in the “End Times” Revelation is here.  I normally comment on the fact I don’t think it is here yet.  The signs are there.  They have been there for generations.  Many people thought Hitler was the antichrist.  Some people I talk to say that this person or that person today is the antichrist.  While I am not so sure the end isn’t here, I am not convinced it is either.


The truth of the matter is that we don’t know when the end will come.  Christ could return upon the clouds today.  Times are tough and they will get worse before it is over.  All we can do is be prepared.  Do our part in reaching the world.  Our daughters watched the movie “Hoodwinked” and in it a goat sings a song.  The song is about being prepared.  It is a cute song for kids but there is a ring of truth in it.  It is also the Boy Scout motto.  Be prepared, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment