Saturday, April 19, 2014

It Is Not Hopeless

Scripture:
Luke 24:1-8 (NASB)

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.” And they remembered His words,

Devotional:

The followers of Jesus must have felt confused and definitely in shock.  Here they thought Jesus was the one to lead them to victory.  He was the one who would save them all.  Then all of a sudden they watched Him die on the cross.  They watched His body be taken down and placed in a tomb.  Even the tomb wasn’t His.  All their hopes dashed, fears rising to new peaks inside them.  Then when they finally get to the tomb Jesus was gone.  I wonder how close to giving up they were.  Which of them became filled with doubt and continued fear?

For years I have prayed that one of my brothers would change his life and come to know Christ. It always seems that my prayers fell on deaf ears. But the truth is God hears our prayers and answers them. I had given up but I know that isn't the right answer. The truth is my brother has the freedom to choose. I will continue to pray for him. I know God hears my prayers and answers. But the final choice is my brother's.


Just remember despite the circumstances Christ has risen and death lost its sting.  Victory is complete.  When you feel ready to give up and all seems hopeless Remember that Christ is there and with you.  He is alive and the tomb is empty.  We are not alone and it isn’t hopeless…

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment