Thursday, February 20, 2014

Peace or Conflict

Scripture:
Isaiah 2:4 (NIV)
He will judge between the nations
    and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
    and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
    nor will they train for war anymore.

Devotional

As I was getting ready to be discharged from the Navy the Golf War was underway.  I had considered extending my time in the Navy, or even enlisting for another four years.  In the end I decided it was time to go home.  The day after I was officially discharged President Busch halted all discharges.  Those getting ready to go home were now forced to stay in.  I look back and think how close I came to being over there.  I was just a decision and a day away from it all.  I have known people that were in combat in Vietnam or even a few from the Korean War.  It seems that wars and conflicts are everywhere all the time.

Matthew 24:6 (NIV) states, “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.” Even though we will be at war and hints of war will be all around us an end will come.  Someday Jesus will return and then peace will reign.  Are we at the end of days, I don’t know.  I don’t believe so.  If you look through history man has always been at war.  We not only war with one another we are at war with Satan.  Some are even at war with God.  No matter what happens in the end Jesus already won.  Choose which side of the battle lines you are on.  Dig deep and prepare for battle.  Why because we are at war.  Not with each other but with Satan and his minions.  Ephesians 6:12 (NIV):

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.


But remember in the end we win.  When all is said and done there will be peace.  Expect adversity. Expect troubles and conflicts.  Just know you are not alone and you have the peace of Christ with you no matter what and where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment