Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Spotter


Scripture:
Psalm 55:16-22 (NASB)

As for me, I shall call upon God,
And the Lord will save me.
Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur,
And He will hear my voice.
He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me,
For they are many who strive with me.
God will hear and answer them
Even the one who sits enthroned from of old Selah.
With whom there is no change,
And who do not fear God.
He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him;
He has violated his covenant.
His speech was smoother than butter,
But his heart was war;
His words were softer than oil,
Yet they were drawn swords

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

Devotional:

Have you ever felt overwhelmed?  What has you feeling so bogged down you cannot even think straight.  As I ponder this I think about my burdens and what I see other people go through.  I first think that my load is way too much for me.  Then as I see what other people are going through I think maybe my burden isn’t so bad after all.  Even if my trials do not seem as bad as others they are still burdensome.   

Seriously though when I feel the weight is more than I can hold up I know I am not alone.  I can cry out to God and He will hear me.  I can place the burden upon Him and He will lift it from me.  It is through the strength that Christ gives that enables me to continue on.  For it is no longer me holding up the weight but Christ is there helping me hold it up.  Think of it like lifting weights.  A weight lifter has a spotter.  Their job is to stand ready just in case you cannot lift the weight.  When that happens the spotter steps in and assists in lifting the weights.  Jesus is spotting you and waiting for you to cry out.  Once you do He will step in and help you lift the weight up and off your shoulders…

You are not alone.  Christ hears your cries.  He is with you and is willing to be your spotter…

No comments:

Post a Comment