Friday, May 3, 2013

Trustworthy And True


Scripture:
Hebrews 6:13-15 (NASB)

For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply you.” And so, having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.

Devotional:

These three short verses bring two thoughts to mind.  One is the absolute being of God.  After all God is and there is no one greater or mightier than He is.  We will often say that we swear by something greater than we are.  Yet for God there is nothing greater.  Pondering that thought I think how wonderful it is to have a personal relationship with Him.  No one greater stands before us.  No one greater can ever oppose us.  God is absolute and He is the Almighty.  There is comfort in knowing that God is at the top and our relationship with Him is a personal one.

The other thought that comes to mind is patiently waiting for God to fulfill His promises.  He is faithful and true.  He will make good on His word.  Are we patient enough to wait?  Abraham and Sarah thought they needed to take matters into their own hands, Ishmael was born.  In my life I find that when I wait up on the Lord everything turns out much better.  When I become inpatient and try it my own way, I foul it up. 

There is no one or thing greater than God.  He is true and trustworthy.  He will keep His promises.  Being patient is a virtue that will pay off in much greater rewards.  Being patient is not always easy.  In fact I find it rarely is easy.  But knowing God is trustworthy and He does keep His promises just might help to be a little more patient.  Trust in Him you will not be disappointed…

No comments:

Post a Comment