Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Who Is Your Boss?


Scripture:
Colossians 3:22-24 (NASB)

Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

Devotional:

Who do you serve?  Who is it that you work for?  At a previous job I had I went in knowing it would be difficult at best.  Nancy and I also knew the job was a stepping-stone.  God was opening doors for us.  As we prayed over what to do we had peace about accepting the job.  At first it was easy to go in and do my best because I was doing my work for God not my boss.  God was, and is, my boss.  I was eager to help citizens with troubles and questions.  I wanted to be there for my staff.  I wanted to do my best not for me, not for my boss, but for God.  He was, and is, the one I wanted to please the most.  Somewhere along the way I lost that focus.

Recently I have become convinced that over half the battle is where your focus is.  As my focus changed it became more difficult to have that positive attitude.  If I keep my focus on Christ I find it easier to deal with problems and issues that crop up around me.  When my focus is on Christ I handle situations better and my work is no longer mine, or my bosses.  My work becomes work for Christ.  Then no matter what people think or expect I want to do my best.  Regardless of the earthly outcome God is my boss and He is the one I want to please.  I strive to do my utmost best for Him in all things.


Where is your focus?  Try changing what you focus on and see if it helps.  Remind yourself that what you are doing is not for someone here and now.  What you are doing is for God and the glory of His kingdom.  Then maybe you can find your best and offer it to God…

No comments:

Post a Comment