Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


Scripture:
Psalm 92:1-5
(NIV)

It is good to praise the Lord
    and make music to your name, O Most High,
proclaiming your love in the morning
    and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
    and the melody of the harp.
For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;
    I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
How great are your works, Lord,
    how profound your thoughts!
Devotional:

Let me start out by saying “HAPPY THANKSGIVING.” 
Here is the age old question to ask.  What are you thankful for?  What have you to be thankful for?  Who do you give thanks to?  One final question to ask…  Is God in that list?  If so where is He in the list? OK two questions.  We sit around the table on Thanksgiving Day afternoon giving thanks for all sorts of stuff.  I am thankful I have my family, a job for the moment, our family is healthy, and we have two working cars, a house that is big enough.  The list can go on and on but not once was God a thought or mentioned.

At the top of our list we should be thanking God.  After all it is because of Him that we are even alive.  It is because of Him that we have salvation and are restored into the kingdom of heaven.  Through Him we are blessed beyond measure.  We should be giving God our first thoughts and thanks.  In doing so we honor Him and all that He has done for us.  Today join me in giving God my first thanks and thoughts.  Let us together in spirit give God praise, honoring Him with all we do and all we have.  Today as you sit around the table about to eat pause for a moment.  In that moment remember all that God has done for you.  Then praise Him for it and give Him a grateful heart and a thankful heart. 
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone; and thank you God for enabling me to write these devotional thoughts, thank you for speaking through me and enabling me sharing these emails to so many people…  May You be given all praise, honor, glory, and thanks…

No comments:

Post a Comment